January 8, 2009

Playtime...

I've been having a lovely time messing around on the computer, playing with patterns.

I think this is why I'm so in love with fabric: it's partly about the heft and feel of the fibres, and a lot to do with colour, but the pattern repeat and the way it spreads across the surface of the fabric is fantastic. Endless possibilities for sewing it together into different things.

These patterns aren't my own: they're traditional design, scanned and muddled-about with in a pretty superficial way. But they'd make nice quilting fabric, or paper, or something fun. Or, modified into embroidery designs and quilting patterns. For now, I just play with the colours, and that amuses me....



Hey, what happens if I press these buttons?

Phoo!

Endless fun...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the black one at the bottom. Really great idea.

Maureen Reynolds said...

I like the black background one the most also. Change or deepen the pastels and you have a William Morris or Bev Morris or William Taccolina?

btw, reading the earlier post re your Italian gardeners. Mine is Cypriot, and I note rotation, rotation, rotation, perfectly clean soil and composted manure from his own rabbits.
Plus a lot of daily love and attention.