A day to myself. Glorious. Wonderful. Practically unheard-of. What is it for?
All the things I love.
- Coffee at the market with Meghan, and meeting her lovely friends from France.
- Food, food, food, and Merry Christmas to the stall holders who have kept us well-fed all year.
- Sitting in the sun with the dog on my feet, watching the world go up and down my street.
- Laundry and sweep while listening to the cricket.
- Sewing, sewing... and more sewing!
Pretty felt brooches for friends.
Snipping the circle; fold and snip, fold and snip - to make the petals.
Sewing perle thread for a decorative edge.
Finished brooch: it looks better slightly ruffled, so a circle of heavy-duty thread is sewn around the edge and pulled tight for a ruffly flower.
The finished brooch.
Now I'm just sitting down to show a few photos of what I've made, then it's time to do some Christmas baking, and off to an open house tonight.