February 1, 2010

For Zachary

This one's for my little nephew, just turned one.



I've been keeping up with the plan to draw something every day (or almost), which cuts down on blogging time a bit. And still some days I'm out there wandering the internet, looking for inspiration.

One of my favourite places for a bit of fun and a reminder of all the wonderful ways the world can be drawn, is Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty. This blog is a Dad's postings of his kids' drawings, but boy, these kids can draw. It's a fun place to hang out for a few minutes to see what they've been doing. A year or so back, before I'd found the site, they posted a challenge and asked any ilustrators out there to respond to their drawings with a version of their own.

So my challenge that day was set by a four-year old. I had to draw and paint something inspired by her image.

Here it is:

Seems to me they're having a great deal of fun!

5 comments:

catharooni said...

beautiful work! great idea for inspiration ...

Leonie said...

Wow what a fabulous picture and such a wonderful gift! Sure to be remembered.

Nicky said...

One! He's one!! I can't believe it's been a year already.

Anonymous said...

Great painting!

Beth said...

What an adorable image! And what great inspiration too, such a cool idea.